Capability and Area of expertise
Lockheed Martin Mission Systems & Sensors (MS2) provides systems engineering, software development and complex program management for global security, civil and commercial markets.
MS2 executes nearly 500 programs for the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, Army and Marine Corps, as well as industrial, research and medical customers in 50 nations. MS2 has established 48 business partnerships in 35 countries worldwide. Areas of growth include providing defense-proven solutions for international customers, laser applications in defense and commercial markets, supply chain management, renewable energy, train control and port security.
MS2 employs more than 15,000 people in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Taiwan, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany and Australia. Computer systems, software and hardware engineering professionals comprise the largest segment of our workforce, followed by production, professional and other support specialists.
SeaPort-e Functional Area Coverage
9. System Safety
13. Inactivation/Disposal Sup.
16. Logistics Support
17. Supply & Provisioning18. Training
20. Administrative Support
22. Public Affairs
Functional Area - 20. Program Support & 10. CM Support
Engineering and Activation Services (EAS)
Lockheed Martin MS2 provides engineering and activation services in support of Naval Surface Warfare Center – Dahlgren Division (NSWC-DD) and Land-Based Test Sites (LBTSs) for new construction, modernization, research and development, and life cycle support modifications for Aegis CG and DDG class ships and other ship classes/programs.
- Program management and financial support
- LBTS support
- Virginia sites technical support (advanced baseline planning and legacy baseline support)
- Aegis BL9, Activation Engineering, Facilities Engineering including BMD 5.0
- Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) 4.0.1, Activation Engineering, Facilities Engineering
- BMD 4.0.1, Aegis Training and Readiness Center (ATRC) Activation Engineering Wallops Island, Facilities Engineering
- Future Baselines ACB12 Activation ATRC
- Radar engineering (SPY adaptation data)
- Systems engineering (ship checks)