Capability and Area of expertise
SCCI provides Systems Engineering, Configuration Management, Information Assurance, Information Management Systems, Software Engineering, Logistics, and Training Services in support of complex, software intensive military systems. SCCI services span from initial concept definition to lifecycle support of deployed legacy systems and include:
- Systems Engineering
- Configuration Management
- Information Assurance
- Information Management Systems
- Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals
- Instructor Led Training
- Interactive Multimedia Instruction
SeaPort-e Functional Area Coverage
1. R&D Support
2. Engineering Support
5. System Des Doc/Tech Data
8. HF Engineering Support
9. System Safety
10. CM Support
11. QA Support
13. Ship Inactivation/Disposal
15. Measure Facilities/Ranges
16. Acquisition Logistics
19. In-Service Eng
20. Program Support
21. Administrative Support
22. Public Affairs
Functional Areas - 1. R&D Support, 2. Engineering Support, 3. Modeling, 4. Prototyping, 5. System Des Doc/Tech Data, 6. Software, 12. IS/IA/IT, 14. Interoperability/T&E/ Trials
Information Management Systems
SCCI provides engineering and technical support for the development and life-cycle management of the Advanced Configuration Control and Engineering Status System (ACCESS) and other supporting information systems. The scope of the project is detailed below.
- Utilizes SCCI’s expertise in relational and object-oriented database design and web application design using tools such as:
- Oracle Developer 10g
- Oracle Designer
- Oracle 10g RDBMS
- Internet Application Server (IAS)
- XML Oracle Discoverer
- Provides engineering and technical support for the development, technology direction, system architecture, and customer support tasks associated with this effort.
- Conducts strategy studies as a means of determining the scope for the development effort, determining business objectives, project feasibility, suggesting alternatives, and developing a project plan.
- Coordinates with the Business Community and the Custodians of Interfacing Systems to confirm requirements for application updates.
- Takes a multi-pronged approach at requirements analysis, with the emphasis on Business Requirements Definition and Developers Analysis.
- Focuses on the Business Analysis to determine the functionality required.
- Facilitates the meetings and documents the results ensuring the level of definition in the requirements supports the Developer Analysis for implementation.
- Participates with the Business/User Community to determine Data Storage/Legacy Data Transition requirements, Technical Implementation, and Full Application Impact (conveyed to the System Test Coordinator).
- Documents the results and prototypes table structures and basic module definitions.
- Prepares a Preliminary Design Review (PDR) package describing their understanding of the functional requirements and offering an initial preview of the technical implementation. This package is presented to the Business/User Community for approval.
- Supports the Design and Initial Build Phases to include the following:
- Determining framework of SCCI’s design
- Establishing initial structure
- Building initial modules based on the requirements approved at the PDR
- Implementing iteratively to evolve, based upon Working Group Review.
- Develops the software modules with approved functionality to support the requirements for the Final Build.
- At Critical Design Review (CDR), finalizes the modules, database structure, and data transition issues.
- Released by a test team and selected by the Business Points of Contacts (POC), the results of the Peer Tested modules are conveyed to Business POCs and the Test Coordinator.
- Plays a supporting role and assists the Database Administrators (DBA) in executing and verifying the results of the Cutover Plan for a particular release.
- Assists in Monitoring and Troubleshooting issues reported to Customer Support.
- Provides guidance and mentoring of staff, both Contractors and Government personnel, regarding technical expertise to guide the team in an efficient use of resources, including system tools and software techniques.
- Provides Systems Engineering support to peripheral organizations for technological advancement and integration services to the CS CM systems for future enhancements.